.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; }

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Music to my ears!

Today was so diversely interesting. I started out my morning watching the Apple Keynote Live stream where they announced two new iPhones and an iWatch. Big and exciting news to me. Then later in the evening I went to the local farmers market. I explored local shops, took in the invigorating aromas of the food, and saw so many different cultures come together in a small radius of fun. From culture, to products, to food, and people alike...it was fun!

While walking through each food stand and lot of products, I felt so inspired! I guess you can say I have a very creative mind and soul. I have a profound love for the arts. (The arts usually correlate to the sub categories of culinary, art, music, and creative hobbies/professions.) So I was pretty much in the middle of all its glory. They had a jazz band playing incredible music, foods of all kind--too much delicious diversity to choose a favorite food--and of course the people. I'm a people watcher and I love to interact with like minded people. Seeing the kids playing in the local water area was so fun to watch. Adults indulging on guilty pleasures and old folks enjoying themselves. 

Music to my ears as my grandpa says. As it was to mine. Exploring the different, fresh vegetables and fruits in wooden crates. The vendors smiling at you as you walked by offering you a taste. To the local product peddlers trying to make a buck on their homemade merchandise. Kids on their dad's shoulders and moms running after their wide eyed children--who were seemingly engaged with the cotton candy stand--as they explored the market as a family. 

To me this is what it's all about. A farmers market is more personal and original. The reason why they are called farmers market is because back in the day local farmers would bring their freshly grown food to sell to the locals. This was before grocery stores. Its sad to see the slow demise of farmers markets. Although we have one in almost every city of San Diego, every time I go to one, it's as if there are less and less people. I'm glad they still put them on though. I hope these local, outdoor markets continue to thrive and stay around each summer. And as summer comes to an end, I'm going to miss going to these farmers markets. I'll miss the people, the kind vendors who like to strike up good conversation with you, the delicious variety of food and those sweet lemonades they make with fresh fruit. One Watermelon Splash please! (It's a concoction of watermelon and strawberry lemonade with fresh mint, bits of watermelon, strawberries and lemon. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it!) 

This is what makes summer in San Diego so delightful. Among many other fun local events and places of course. Now that Fall is officially here--though summer temperatures are in full effect--I can't wait till the weather cools down to 55 degrees so I can put on my boots and scarves and explore the fun in places like Seaport Village & Balboa Park.

Xoxo,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jovi, reading your blog makes me want to go to the farmers market near me to enjoy the sun and eat the awesome foods from diff culture's. Thanks for sharing!!

Jovi Casie said...

I'm glad it does. Farmers markets are the best!! :-)