.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; }

Monday, September 1, 2014

A note from the Writer



As August comes to a close and September begins, I have reflected on what an amazing month August was. In fact, this whole summer has been great for me. Not only have I started my professional writing career but I have already become a contributing writer for two awesome websites/online magazines.

I've been writing since middle school. I started out doing poetry and short stories. Then once I went into high school, those short stories turned into playwrights. Once I began college, I was writing fictional short stories, writing a script for my film class & even acting in the short film we produced as a class.

Writing has always been my escape. It's my way to express myself and to personify who I am. I can't help but feel so grateful and so extremely blessed for the opportunities thus far. This is only the beginning and I know years from now I will be looking back on this blog thinking wow, I started at the bottom and now I'm at the top. I know because I am confident in my talent. I am confident that I will only grow and learn more about writing and editorial and publishing. I have so much growth ahead of me and I am certain that my yearning to succeed is only going to drive my passion to go above and beyond.

Today is Labor day. I spent the day in the heart of my city in downtown. While there, I reflected upon my small success so far. Though it may be small, to me it's everything.

If you don;t already know, the two websites/online magazines I write for are GenTwenty.com & TwentySomethingLiving.com. My bio can be found on both pages under team page or writers. (I just started with GenTwenty so its not up on that site yet). Additionally, I have began expanding my networking and social interaction on Pinterest, Twitter & Instagram. So be sure to follow me on those websites as I post almost daily.

Lastly, I wanted to thank my family and friends who have been so supportive and cheering me along the way so far. Also, to all my readers, thank you for always taking the time to read my blogs, articles, etc. It means the world to me!

Have a great night. Be on the lookout for my articles posted on September 10th & 24th.

Until next time!

Xoxo,

No comments: