.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; }

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tips & Essentials for your Office Space


Since I am a busy writer who also has a daytime job in retail; I am naturally a very organized person. With my OCD in organization, comes a very organized office space. It's where I do all my writing, and handle my business with the websites I work for. Being a writer means you are going to take and keep lots of notes, need to have writing guides in hands reach and of course a place for my subscriptions to Elle Magazine and Cosmopolitan.

From note-taking, to Skype calls/meetings, and jotting down ideas daily I finally ordered my own Agenda from Kate Spade New York. I need it so badly to start writing down my dates for when I turn in my articles, when i post to my blog, my meetings and other necessary dates related to my life as a writer.

Here are a few things on my desk that I absolutely need to keep me organized and working efficiently:

  • Small sticky notes - So that I can post them on the side of my laptop for quick reminders
  • Tape, a stapler, paper clips, pens, highlighters - The essential office supplies that I use almost daily
  • Several stylish notepads - Gotta have the good style right?
  • My laptop and Ipad - Thats just a must. I usually have both devices up and running while working/writing
  • Two polka-dot tin cans - One for my pens and such and the other for my small paper trash
  • Letter Filer - I need this to file my notes and such. I also have a regular file cabinet for everything else
  • Coaster and Coffee mug - I'm a coffee drinker, who isn't?
  • A place for my magazines - Because I love having them handy and on display
  • A cork board - Great for pinning notes and reminders, or just ideas. 
What's in my drawers and storage bins? Extra supplies, notepads, sticky notes, journals, and documents. I also love to add a couple accessories/decor. Check out the pictures below of my office space and other spaces I am in love with. 
My Desk
My Desk
My Desk



No comments: