.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; }

Monday, June 16, 2014

Meet me in St. Louis...or maybe just San Diego.

Yesterday I went to the San Diego county fair with the family. Although, I always remember it as the Del Mar Fair. Going to the fair reminds me of one of my favorite movies... "Meet me in St. Louis".  The Fair is a big and fun occasion for my family. This year was the first year we went as a family since I was a teenager.  My whole family would go every year for as long as I can remember. I even have all the old pictures. 

This year, we decided to plan ahead and go as a family to celebrate Fathers Day weekend. It was a blast. We started out by walking through all the tented halls that hold all the sales booths, fashion, jewelry, home products, outdoor furniture and decor. They have everything you can think of. My parents love to go to find things for their home. While my brother, his girlfriend and I love to goof around like we're kids still and be silly. I love it. 

My brother and I both got the famous Rootbeer floats from Farrell's Parlour, a retro 50's inspired ice cream parlour that has the best floats, sundaes and waffle cones. Then we had Pinks savory hot dogs. A popular hot dog place from Los Angeles, specifically Hollywood area. It was my first time trying it, and it was the bomb.com! Dad had a huge turkey leg smothered in smokey BBQ sauce. Mom had a tuna sandwich, she likes to keep it healthy. Overall, we tried the food, sweets, dessert, and a couple fried foods. Needless to say we were overly stuffed by days end and slightly bloated! 

The fair is fun, entertaining, and just full of life. You see people from all ends of the world, different cultures, ethnicities; and I just love that there is no judgment, everyone embraces each other. After all, we're all here for the same reason, for fun, the delicious food, and the bonding time with family, your friends, or a significant other. 

When the sun goes down and the lights start to turn on all over, I'm reminded of the moment in "Meet me in St. Louis", where Judy Garlands character Esther, is fascinated by the light show at the St. Louis fair.  It's towards the end of the movie when her whole family gathers at the famous hometown fair and they are so fascinated and joyful. The ending line of the movie is by Esther. She says, "I can't believe it. Right here where we live. Right here in St. Louis." She refers to not having to take a train or stay in a hotel, but that this beauty is truely right there in their hometown. 

So as the lights turned on at the San Diego County Fair, I can say I was truely mesmerized by the beauty of that moment. I concur with Judy Garlands character. San Diegans are so lucky to live here. We honestly do have everything here. And the best part? We don't have to take a train or stay in a hotel. The fair is just a short drive away. As my family and I left the fair, I stopped and took one last look down the famous entrance strip. The lights were gleaming with joy, laughter all around me, people taking pictures, and the Farris Wheel at the very end, all lit up making for a perfect picture moment. It was a beautiful moment to capture as a memory. It was the perfect end to a perfect day with my family at the Fair. 




Instagram: jovi_casie
Email: jovi.casie@gmail.com



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12423871/?claim=dsy3u64t7gx">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments: